If your cannabis-loving friends are talking about moon rocks, they are not describing pieces of an asteroid or something from the universe, although these potent cannabis nugs can sure make you feel like you blasted into outer space. Legendary moon rocks are an exquisite cannabis product that gives users an out-of-this-world high.
What Are Moon Rocks?
Moon rocks are simply marijuana nuggets coated in hash oil and then rolled in kief. While they sound simple, they pack a truly potent punch that can be twice as strong as a typical high-THC bud. Toking up a moon rock takes you on a journey like never before, even if you are accustomed to highly potent marijuana. These crystal-coated nuggets are available at some dispensaries in legalized states, or you can always make your own.
How to Make Your Own Moon Rocks
Making your own moon rocks allows you to have control of the strain of bud youâ€™d like to use, the type of concentrate, and kief. You can experiment with different combinations and enjoy a variety of these tasty treats. It is fairly simple to make your own moon rocks at home as long as you gather the following ingredients and materials:
- A dense bud of your favorite cannabis strain
- THC oil or hashish liquid concentrate
- Kief from the bottom of your grinder
- Tweezers or tongs
- A dropper or a small brush
- Start with a dense bud of your favorite strain, you can make moon rocks with Indica, Sativa, or a hybrid as long as you use a dense bud that will hold up better for the final product.
- Place it in a bowl, and use the brush or dropper to cover your nugget with your concentrate. If the concentrate is a little too thick, you can warm it up gently until it reaches a more viscous texture. Coat the outside of the entire nugget, but be aware that if you oversaturate it, the bud will take longer to dry before it will light and burn well.
- Now you use the tweezers or tongs (so you donâ€™t get that good sticky icky all over your hands) and coat the oil-covered bud with your kief.
- Allow your moon rock to dry completely. When itâ€™s finished, you should be able to break it apart and enjoy it with your favorite smoking method. Many people enjoy smoking moon rocks out of a glass piece, but you can put in a joint or blunt as well.
It can be convenient to buy pre-made moon rocks, although it is also pretty rewarding and cost-effective to make your own. Moon rocks are typically made with high THC buds, although you can use high CBD nuggets, if you prefer, to make it your way. Store your moon rocks in a cool, dry place, they can get messy if they get too warm, and never put this masterpiece back into your grinder.
The Potency of Moon Rocks
Moon rocks are known to have a potency near 50% THC. This is compared to about 20 to 25% for most decent marijuana, and even high THC strains are not normally more than 30 to 32%. The potency of your moon rock depends on the strain of cannabis used as well as the oil and kief, although combining all three ingredients into one beautiful bud will give you a high like never before. Moon rocks take you on a truly unique experience. Make sure you have time to spare when you plan on sparking up your moon rock, you may not come back from that trip until the next morning.
Like always, start your journey with quality marijuana which always starts with quality seeds. You can get some of the best weed seeds online from Mosca Seeds, award winning breeder Mosca Negra with more than 15 years of experience and several cannabis cup wins. Check out the seed bank now and grow quality plants to take the trip of a lifetime with cannabis moon rocks.