Cannabis-infused chocolates are a munchie lover’s delight, and the best part is that they are super easy to make. Canna chocolate is one of the simplest edible recipes anyone can make with your favorite weed strain. You can make edible chocolates with high THC, CBD, or CBG, in indica or sativa, whatever suits your fancy. Since itâ€™s so easy to make, you can even make a variety of chocolates to have a delicious snack for daytime, nighttime, and any time in between.
How to Make Cannabis-Infused Chocolates
There are a few different ways to make these delectable delights, and you can use any type of chocolate, such as milk chocolate, white or dark chocolate. Using a higher quality of chocolate will greatly impact the flavor. Melting chocolate that works well includes chocolate chips, bars, or melting chocolate wafers. So gather your favorite type of chocolate or chocolates if you want a variety, and choose from one of the three methods below.
Canna butter is probably the most popular method to make most edibles, including chocolates. You can also make this recipe with decarbed weed or kief, or with cannabis concentrates. You can buy premade canna butter with THC or CBD concentrations, or you can make your own cannabutter with this easy-to-follow recipe, which also explains how to decarboxylate your weed and how to properly dose your cannabutter and edibles.
Method 1: Cannabis Chocolates with Cannabutter or Oil
Making Canna chocolate with cannabutter is simple, the first thing to do is gather all ingredients and equipment.
- Use a double boiler and put your favorite chocolate on top, whether chips, wafers, or bars, and fill the bottom with water.
- Never cover the pot when bringing it to a simmer so that the steam escapes while melting the chocolate.
- Add your cannabutter or oil at a rate of 2 tablespoons of butter to 1 cup of chocolate, and stir well.
- Pour the gooey chocolate goodness into the molds of your choice.
This is a quick and easy method to make cannabis-infused chocolate, especially if you already have cannabutter or oil handy. You must store your chocolates in a refrigerator or freezer, do not leave them out at room temperature.
Pro Tip: be sure to cook slow and low and try not to let steam make its way into the top bowl, which can seize the chocolate. If the water is boiling too high and comes to a rolling boil, it can give off more steam than is required, which causes the chocolate to seize. This will make the chocolate turn hard and clumpy and will be unable to work with. Also, be careful never to introduce any water-based ingredients such as vanilla extract, maple syrup, or honey.
Method 2: Making Canna Chocolate with Decarbed Bud or Kief
Ground your decarbed cannabis flower or kief of your choice, although using kief will most likely result in a more potent infusion than using strictly decarbed trim or flower. Dose to your own personal preference. Youâ€™ll use a double boiler again to melt the chocolate the same way.
- Place the chocolate of your choice in the top of a double boiler and fill the bottom with water.
- Bring to a light summer to allow steam to melt the chocolate without overcooking or allowing the steam to seize the chocolate.
- Add your decarbed flower or kief and stir well.
- Pour your canna chocolate into your molds and let set.
This is a quick and easy method if you do not have cannabutter on hand or do not want to make cannabutter. Chocolates made with decarbed bud do not have to be kept in the fridge or freezer and can be left out at room temperature. Using ground flower or kief is quick and easy, although can create a more bitter or even unappealing-tasting end product. Kief is more likely to produce a better-tasting product than flower, if you have a choice of the two.
Method 3: Canna Chocolate with Concentrates
Using canna butter might be the most popular, although many canna connoisseurs feel that using a concentrate is the best way to infuse chocolate. You can use your favorite wax, distillate, or shatter of your choice.
- Melt your chocolate the same way as the other methods in a double boiler with chocolate on top, and water on the bottom, allowing steam to escape without seizing the chocolate.
- Add your favorite cannabis concentrate and stir well.
- Pour your cannabis-infused chocolates into your molds and allow them to set.
Canna chocolates made with concentrate do not need to be stored in the fridge or freezer.
As always, the quality of your product is based on the quality of your weed. Start with high-quality marijuana plants grown with quality cannabis seeds.
Mosca Seeds offers a wide selection of the best cannabis seeds available, with more than 15 years of experience in quality cannabis genetics. Be sure to consume edibles slowly and learn your tolerance levels to prevent a bad experience and enjoy the high. Check out the Seed Bank today and start growing your own to use the whole plant and create your favorite edibles, such as cannabis-infused chocolates.