Oklahoma became the 30th state in the U.S. to legalize medical marijuana in June of 2018. Many laws are similar to those in other states, although Oklahoma offers minimal startup costs and a low barrier to entry to be part of Oklahoma’s green rush.

Requirements for Licensed Growers in Oklahoma

A medical marijuana grower license is the only type of license for growing cannabis available in the state of Oklahoma. A processor and dispensary license are also available in addition to a medical marijuana grower license in Oklahoma. As of July 1, 2020, licensed cannabis cultivators and processors are required to have all medical marijuana flower and products tested in a laboratory that is licensed by the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority (OMMA)._Gummy Bears cannabis plant

Cultivators that manage more than one cannabis growing facility must submit a separate application for each location with a nonrefundable application fee. A separate application and nonrefundable fee is also required for each type of license such as grower, processor, or dispensary.

The state of Oklahoma is committed to homegrown marijuana cultivation, which means that only Oklahoma residents can apply for a cannabis growing license. Applicants must be a resident of Oklahoma and have resided in the state for at least 2 to 5 years.

Buy Seeds

Cannabis Cultivation Regulations in Oklahoma

Obtaining a medical marijuana grow license in Oklahoma allows businesses to grow cannabis legally for medical purposes. Licensed cannabis cultivators are allowed to sell to licensed processors and licensed dispensaries only. Licensed cannabis growers in Oklahoma will be issued a license certificate and must comply with Title 63 O.S.  420 and the Oklahoma Administrative Code (OAC) 310:681.

Cannabis processors licensed in Oklahoma can sell to other licensed processors or to licensed dispensaries. Oklahoma licensed processors are also allowed to process cannabis into a concentrated form for a fee, for a medical licensed patient holder.  Cannabis licensed processors must comply with the same title 63 of Oklahoma’s administrative code, (OAC) 310:681.

Medical marijuana dispensaries in Oklahoma are issued a license allowing them to legally sell medical marijuana and medical marijuana products which does include seedlings and mature plants. Licensed cannabis dispensaries can only sell to licensed medical marijuana patient holders, licensed caregiver holders, licensed research holders, or the parents or legal guardians listed for a minor medical marijuana patient license holder. Dispensary licenses are issued in the form of a certificate and must comply with the same title 63 of Oklahoma’s administrative code, (OAC) 310:681.

The Cost of a Commercial Cannabis Growing License in Oklahoma

The application fee for cannabis growers, processors, and dispensaries is $2500 per license type and per facility. License renewal is required every year at the same $2500 cost.  Requirements for an Oklahoma cannabis grower license include:

  • Proof of Oklahoma residency for all owners representing 75% ownership
  • Applicants must reside in Oklahoma and be at least 25 years of age
  • A background check is required for each owner
  • Certificate of good standing
  • Certificate of compliance
  • Ownership list
  • Ownership disclosure documentation
  • Oklahoma tax permit

Additional information with a detailed checklist listing everything needed for cannabis cultivation, processing and dispensaries can be found here.

Quality Cannabis Seeds for Quality Plants 

Whether growing in Oklahoma or any other legalized state, cannabis growers know that quality plants start with quality seeds. You can find the highest in quality cannabis seeds from Mosca Seeds, a world-renowned cannabis seed breeder. 

Mosca Seeds is recognized worldwide for high-quality cannabis seeds with more than 15 years of experience and multiple cannabis cup wins. We practice the finest in cannabis seed genetics and offer a wide selection of seed types and strains. Check out our many cannabis seed options online and happy growing in Oklahoma or any other legalized state.